Slot machines are one of the most popular games at the casinos. Slot machines are something anyone at any skill level can play. While there is very little learning curved involved in slots, applying a few techniques will help you up your winnings, extend your play time, and have more fun on your casino trip.
5 Tips for Playing Slot Machines
1. Use your reward card. Most casinos offer some type of reward card. These cards are used by the casino to track how much you are spending. The amount you spend, win, and time you spend playing are converted in to bonus prizes given out by the casino. These prizes can vary from comps at the casino’s buffet to free playing time at a slot machine. Some casinos even offer incentive bonuses for new joiners and extra prizes on one’s birthday. In short, it pays to use your reward card. Always pop the card in the slot machine before you start playing.
2. Play the maximum bet on a progressive slot machine. If you were to hit the jackpot on a progressive slot machine and you were not betting the maximum your payout would be much lower then what lured you to the slot in the first place. If you are going to play a progressive slot, it is important that you bet the maximum allowed. If you can not afford to bet the maximum, play a slot machine that doesn’t pay on progressive.
3. Divide your bankroll. Most people go in to a casino with a set amount they plan to spend. Before you start playing, give your bankroll a limit. For example, if you plan to spend $500 and want to play at least five slot machines, only spend $100 at each slot. This way your entire bank roll does not go to one slot machine. Also, if you are on a gambling vacation and plan to spend more then one day at the casino, divide your bank roll in to days. This will ensure you do not run out of playing money on the first day.
4. Do not play your winnings. An easy trick to make sure you walk out of a casino with some cash in hand is to save your winnings. Any time you get ahead on a slot machine, cash out and keep your winnings separate. You can continue you to play on your bankroll up to your limits, and this way you still walk out with some cash.
5. Start out low and work up to maximum bets. While it does not pay to bet low on a progressive machine, betting lower on a standard slot will help you build up a bankroll and make your money last longer. People get excited when they walk in to a casino, and that excitement may cause them to blow their whole bank roll on large bets right at the start. Start off with a smaller amount until you build up a bankroll and your money will last longer.
Slot machines are a fun way to spend time at the casino. Larger casinos will have dozen machines with different styles and games. Using a little technique will help you up your winnings and have a better time at the slots.